Miami body contouring after weight loss
Also known as body sculpting and body reshaping, Miami body contouring at Unique Aesthetic Center will help you get rid of excess skin and stubborn fat deposits through advance suctioning and tightening techniques. Miami body contouring is particularly helpful for patients that lost excessive weight.
Massive weight loss is a significant achievement and the best foundation for a healthier lifestyle, yet the excess sagging skin and fat in areas such as the arms, breasts, face, thighs, and abdomen, can affect your self-esteem and comfort. This article will cover the basics of Miami body contouring, from candidacy to recovery, cost, and much more.
Candidates for body contouring after losing weight
A good candidate for Miami body contouring is any patient that has recently experienced significant weight loss through procedures such as the bypass surgery or gastric banding, stomach stapling, bariatric surgery, lap band surgery, and nonsurgical methods such as dieting and exercising.
Candidates should maintain a stable weight for an extended period of time and avoid further weight loss. It’s during this stabilization period that the skin will shrink in preparation for Miami body contouring.
Candidates should also have overall good health and a healthy lifestyle a year after weight loss surgery. Also, smoking should be avoided for six weeks before surgery and during recovery as it may increase a variety of risks and complications as well as slow down the healing process. Reasonable expectations are also essential since the results may not be the same for everyone.
At Unique Aesthetic Center we have a variety of surgeries available to assist in the removal of excess fat and skin after significant weight loss. Commonly, multiple procedures are performed in different areas of the body through a series of cosmetic surgeries. Most surgeries take 6-8 hours max. Depending on the chosen procedures, some may be performed together, but the specific procedures are chosen on a case-by-case basis. Your surgeon will develop an individualized plan so that the main areas are addressed.
- Tummy tuck – This procedure removes the extra abdominal skin and fat and helps tighten abdominal muscles. Liposuction may be combined with abdominoplasty to improve the results. The incision is made side to side, but other incisions may be required for weight loss patients.
- Panniculectomy – This procedure helps remove excess abdominal skin, but it doesn’t tighten abdominal muscles. Therefore, it’s more suitable for patients with excessive abdominal skin but without stretched muscles.
- Breasts – There are several options for breast procedures starting with a breast lift commonly used to remove excess skin and improve the appearance of sagging breasts. There is also breast augmentation, which enhances the shape and volume of the breasts through breast implants. Lastly, there is breast reduction, which is often combined with a breast lift to help reduce the size of the breasts and remove any excess skin below the fold.
- Buttocks and thigh lift – There is also excess skin in the buttocks and upper thighs that need to be removed. These procedures are often combined with abdominoplasty where the incision is made below the belt area and on the inner thigh extending towards the knee.
- Liposuction – This procedure is an essential component of many cosmetic procedures as it helps remove stubborn fat in isolated areas such as the thighs, back rolls, inner thighs, and so on. Liposuction can be combined with another procedure or performed alone to improve the results.
- Arm lift – This procedure removes excess skin from the arms mostly from the armpit down to the elbow to shape the arm.
Miami Body Contouring Recovery
Recovery is a common concern for patients undergoing body contouring. As usual, recovery depends on which type of procedure is chosen. Most patients need at least ten days to two weeks. Patients undergoing body contouring, particularly abdominoplasty, must know this is a major cosmetic procedure. Any swelling and discomfort experienced during the initial stages of recovery should go away within several weeks after surgery. Lower body swelling is common due to lymphatic draining within the abdominal area. Lymphatic massage by our certified therapists and our specialized body garments can help reduce swelling. There is also post-op scar care to improve the appearance of the scars.
How much does body contouring cost?
The cost shouldn’t be an issue since there are several financing options available at Unique Esthetic Center. Surgery in one area will cost an average of $4,000 to $10,000. Our surgeons are certified and have plenty of experience to make sure the desired results are reached. We include the surgical costs, anesthesia fees, medical/laboratory tests, post-op garments, surgeon’s fee, and other expenses in the total cost.
Request a consultation
The time has arrived to determine whether you are an ideal candidate for Miami body contouring. Our surgeons will take the time to listen to your expectations and address any questions or concerns you may have. Based on the initial consultation and initial evaluation, we will determine candidacy. Once the procedures and incision techniques have been chosen and discussed, post-operative instruction will be provided. If you are interested in body contouring Miami, give us a call!
Body contouring key Faqs
How long should I wait after weight loss to have the body contouring?
Surgeons recommend you wait at least a year when your weight loss begins to stabilize. You can consult your surgeon earlier on to create a surgical plan, which can also be a motivation for further weight loss. If you want your insurance to cover this procedure, you may want to check with your insurance company to understand the requirements beforehand, including how long you have to wait to undergo surgery.
How many surgeries can be done at once?
Your surgeon will discuss with you your specific surgical goal and together; you can create a treatment plan. Generally, 2 to 3 areas are addressed at a time with the surgeries completed in any order you wish. Any other surgeries will be scheduled at least 2-3 months following your initial body contouring surgeries.
What results should I expect?
Some procedures may require touch-up operations further down the road. While excess skin is removed, it may also continue to sag over time due to environmental factors and the natural aging process. Scars generally improve with topical medication or lasers, but they are permanent. The location and amount of skin removed will determine the outcome.
Are there any risks?
Some side effects and complications are possible. That’s why attentive preoperative planning is crucial to the outcome of this procedure. Some of the most common risks of body contouring include:
- Bleeding and hematoma
- Anesthesia side effects
- Deformities and irregularities
- Fat necrosis
- Deep venous thrombosis
Make sure you talk about the risks associated with this procedure during your initial consultation.
Are there any options that don’t involve surgery?
Diet and exercising is the key to achieving your fitness and aesthetic goals. At Unique Aesthetic Center, we offer a variety of non-surgical procedures that will help tighten and improve the appearance of your skin. However, only surgery will address the excess skin and stubborn fat remaining after massive weight loss.