Breast reduction in Miami
Breast reduction is a common procedure among women suffering from multiple physical problems that may result in having large and sagging breasts. Breast reduction in Miami is specifically designed to provide relief and improve your aesthetic appearance by achieving a more proportional breast size and shape that matches the rest of your body features.
Breast Reduction By Dr. Fisher
Who is a good candidate for breast reduction?
The best candidates for breast reduction in Miami are physically and mentally healthy, have fully developed breasts, and have realistic goals and expectations. Patients with one of the following conditions, will benefit from a breast reduction in Miami:
- Back and neck pain caused by the weight of the breasts
- Skin irritation particularly under the breast crease
- Dents in the shoulders from tight bra straps
- Unable to participate in physical activity because of the weight of the breasts
- Shame due to sagging breasts that cause body disproportion
- Nipples and areolas point downward
- Severe breast asymmetry
Breast reduction surgery – How it works?
Breast reduction surgery is tailored to the patients’ needs and goals. The incision method can vary from patient to patient based on several individual factors and personal preferences. Patients can choose from several techniques with the most common being the anchor-shaped, which involves three incisions: around the areola, under the breast, and following the curve of the inframammary crease. That’s the best technique for patients who want to remove a large amount of breast tissue.
During your breast reduction surgery, the surgeon will remove excess skin, and reposition the areola and nipple to a higher placement. The areola is usually stretched in size so it needs to be reduced and the fatty tissue from inside the breast removed through liposuction. When the excess breast tissue is removed, the nipple is repositioned, and the incisions are closed to create a smaller bosom that makes it easier for the patient to perform everyday activities.
Breast reduction recovery
Following reduction mammoplasty, bandages or dressings are applied to the treated area, and a thin tube is positioned to drain excess blood or fluid. A support bra may be worn for several weeks to help minimize swelling. It’s natural to feel some discomfort during the initial healing stages of recovery, which can be alleviated with pain medication. If you are experiencing severe pain, you should contact your surgeon immediately.
Most patients can return to work within a couple of weeks based on the type of job they perform. However, it will take some time before you can resume your normal routine and moderate workout.
Breast reduction side effects
At Unique Aesthetic Center, our surgeons use techniques that preserve the functionality and sensitivity in the nipple and areola. Breast reduction may carry some risks and complications such as asymmetry, fluid retention, delayed healing, temporary change in nipple sensation, skin or nipple loss, recurrence of ptosis, and inability to produce milk.
While most of these risks are occurrences, it is essential you choose a surgeon with the right skill before deciding to undergo breast reduction surgery. Also, you must follow your surgeon’s instructions, as it will lessen the chance of developing post-op complications.
Breast reduction techniques
Reduction mammoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. Your consultation and preoperative appointment with one of our talented surgeons will determine which technique will be used. There are several breast reduction incision techniques performed based on the patient’s breast composition and desired goal, which include:
- Anchor incision technique – This method involves three incisions, a circular one around the areola, a lateral along the crease, and a vertical along the curve of the breasts. This method allows the surgeon to make major adjustments and it is the best option to address drooping and sagging for women with very large breasts. The results are more reliable as the overall aesthetics are improved.
- Vertical scar technique – This technique is effective on smaller and large breasts but most efficient on modest breast reductions, as the scar length is limited. It involves less scarring with or without a horizontal scar, less surgery time, and increased projection. Liposuction is added when needed to assist with the removal of unnecessary tissue. The results are gratifying and durable.
- Horizontal scar technique – This technique is generally performed on women suffering from macromastia. During breast reduction surgery, the surgeon removes excess skin and fat to create an attractive breast lift. This technique involves three incisions different from the prior procedures: along the edge of the areola, along with the crease, and from the bottom of the areola to the crease under the breasts.
- Free nipple graft technique – This technique is very useful to correct nipple and areola malposition, which tends to occur after several breast reconstructive procedures. However, the areola and nipple sensation is no preserved; therefore patients should wait until they are done having children as it destroys the ability to breastfeed.
Common types of incision for reduction mammaplasty
Breast reduction price and financing
The average cost of breast reduction according to recent statistics by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons is $5,482. At Unique Aesthetic Center, our goal is to make plastic surgery affordable in South Florida without lowering the quality of the services we offer. Our prices range from $2,500-$8,000 based on several factors such as the surgeon’s years of experience and complexity of the procedure. We have several financing plans available to cover the costs, which we will explain in more details during your initial consultation.
Schedule your consultation
The decision to undergo breast reduction can be a difficult one for most people. That’s why we make the whole process easier for you. During your initial consultation, we will help you create a surgical plan that bests suits your needs. Please contact Unique Aesthetic Center to schedule a complimentary consultation. Our surgeons are certified. They have enough training and experience to perform a successful breast reduction and achieve the desired results safely.
Breast Reduction procedure key Faqs
How much pain will I have after surgery?
The amount of pain experienced after surgery can vary from patient to patient based on their tolerance of pain. Most patients experience minimal discomfort during the initial recovery period, which can be managed with pain medication.
Are the scars noticeable?
The scar’s visibility is based on the technique utilized. Notwithstanding the method chosen, at Unique Aesthetic Center our surgeons have the skill required to minimize the appearance of scars. Incision lines can be easily concealed under the blouse, bra, or swimsuit. Most patients say that the physical and psychological benefits of this procedure compensate any concerns about post-op scaring.
Will a breast lift be required?
During a breast reduction, breast tissue is removed, which results in extra skin that needs to be removed to create a youthful appearance. After the excess skin has been eliminated, the surgeon will reshape the breast tissue, and relocate the nipple and areola to achieve the desired look.
How soon can I return to work?
Most patients go back to work within approximately two weeks as long as their job doesn’t require strenuous tasks. Labor-intensive jobs that involve heavy lifting, hard labor, or any other intense physical action, should be avoided for three to four weeks. These restrictions can reduce potential complications allowing the breasts to heal faster.
Can a breast reduction help with neck and back problems?
If your breasts are the cause of your back and neck pain, a breast reduction should alleviate the discomfort and leave you with smaller breasts, well proportionated for your figure. Most patients see significant improvement in their symptoms after surgery. If you suffer from back and neck pain, you should see a doctor and confirm that the weight of your breasts has caused the pain.
What's the best age for a breast reduction?
There is not an ideal age for a breast reduction. However, surgery should not be performed when the breasts are still developing. Every patient develops at a different rate, some by the age of 16 or 17 while others are still experiencing changes in their 20s. Therefore, you should consult a surgeon first to determine whether you are a good candidate for this procedure. A breast reduction can be performed on women of all ages, but there are some risks involved.
How long will the results last?
While the results from breast reduction are permanent, some factors such as weight gain or weight loss, pregnancy, and hormonal changes may result in sagging and loss of volume and alter the results over time. A healthy lifestyle is essential to maintaining the results of any cosmetic procedure, including breast reduction.