As age, gravity and sun damage take their toll on your skin; features such as deep lines, and loss of muscle tone are inevitable, particularly on your face. The skin tends to descend downward, and the former youthful contours are no longer as charming as they used to be requiring a facelift Miami.
At Unique Aesthetic Center, we use only the most advanced techniques to give our local and out-of-town patients reliable results that reverse the effects of age and gravity so that their outward appearance coincides with how they feel on the inside.
Candidates for facelift surgery
While a facelift Miami can be a rewarding experience, it should be performed for the right reasons and with realistic expectations in mind. Good candidates for facelift surgery should share common characteristics:
- Realistic expectations – As a facelift Miami candidate, you understand the limitations of surgery. Your first consultation should be a time to discuss your goals and take a look at facelift before and after photos so that you know what to expect.
- In good health – Good overall health is a requirement for plastic surgery. You should let your doctor know of any untreated medical problems you may be experiencing, medications you are currently taking, and any other relevant changes in your health.
- Healthy skin – Patients with good skin quality usually enjoy the best results.
The facelift procedure
A facelift is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Incisions are made in the hairline, and the skin is separated from the underlying muscles and tissue. After the muscles are tightened, the skin is stretched out and repositioned to create a more youthful contour. Lastly, excess skin is trimmed, and the incision is closed.
Following surgery, patients will have their face and head bandaged. Asymmetry from swelling and bruising is to be expected, but it will normalize throughout recovery. It’s also advisable to sleep with extra pillows and to elevate the head. Pain medication will relieve any discomfort experienced during recovery. You should avoid vigorous exercise for two weeks. Sutures that are not dissolvable will be removed in a week or two. Patients are provided with special instructions on recovering from a facelift.
The results are not immediately evident, but they will be noticed as the swelling and bruising subsides, which may take several weeks. At Unique Aesthetic Center, we provide the highest standards of surgical care to ensure that your recovery goes smoothly. Keep in mind; a facelift will not stop the aging process, but it will turn back the clock several years on your appearance helping you look younger and more attractive.
Facelift surgery cost
The cost of a facelift can differ according to several factors such as the surgeon’s skill, and extent of surgery. The average price of this procedure at Unique Aesthetic Center is $5,000 up to $11,000 with anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical/laboratory tests, surgical facility costs, and prescriptions for medications included. We understand that not everyone can afford cosmetic surgery. That’s why we offer a variety of financing options, which will be discussed in more details during your initial consultation.
Your facelift consultation
Your cosmetic consultation is always complimentary at Unique Aesthetic center. We will make sure that it is as informative as possible. Your goals and expectations will be discussed, and your medical history will be reviewed. Recommendations will be made, and all your questions will be answered. Make sure you ask for before-and-after pictures of patients who underwent this procedure.
Facelift procedure key Faqs
What are the potential risks and complications?
It’s essential you find out about the potential risks and complications related to facelift surgery so that you can make an informed decision:
- Risks associated with anesthesia
- Bleeding and infection
- Persistent pain
- Poor scarring
- Buildup of fluid
- Skin abnormalities
- Prolonged swelling
How long will the results last?
The results are permanent and provide the refreshed and rejuvenated look that you always wanted. Maintaining optimal skin care and considering some nonsurgical procedures is essential to help prolong the results. Also, long-term follow-up with the surgeon will allow ongoing evaluation of the results.
Can you combine a facelift with other non-surgical procedures?
A facelift can be combined with other surgical procedures such as neck lift, eyelid surgery, brow lift, and earlobe repair. Keep in mind a facelift doesn’t address the neck, forehead, and eyes. During your initial consultation, you can ask your surgeon to provide you with a full facial examination so that specific features can be addressed to achieve your goals.
Are there any non-surgical procedures available as part of a facelift?
Non-surgical procedures such as Botox, fillers, and lasers can promote the best outcome and help prolong the results.
What are the different types of facelift?
- Traditional facelift – This procedure uses standard incisions that allow for the most reliable and permanent results.
- Limited incision facelift – It will not address as much facial laxity as it uses a shorter S-shaped incision.
- Subcutaneous facelift – It only trims excess skin and superficial fat, but it can’t get into the underlying facial muscles and tissues.
- Lower facelift – A combination or facelift and neck lift.
- Mid facelift – it doesn’t address the neck or forehead, only the middle region of the face.